“Introduction to Social Media for Non-profits, NGOs, Community-Based Organisations and Charities”
The “new web” has transformed the way people connect and social media platforms have become an essential part of the organizational and business strategies. These technologies can be useful for non profits as strategic tools for engagement, relationship building with stakeholders and communities, networking and fundraising. With millions of users of social media in South Africa alone and over a billion worldwide across various platforms (PCs, Mobile phones etc.) this is an opportunity for non profits to share with the masses using FREE tools available to support the vision of such organizations.
This one day training “hands-on” workshop will cover the following areas:
1. Background to social media and tools such as blogs, wikis, micro-blogs, wikis, and multimedia file-sharing sites;
2. Provide a THREE step approach to how your organization can utilize and reap the benefits of social media
3. Practical opportunities for participants to engage with some of the social media tools.
4. Social Media and mobile phones
5. Drafting a Social Media strategy for non-profits.
1. Understanding of Social Media and its context
2. Identified tools that could be integrated into the non-profit operations to support its vision and objectives
3. Introductory level of hands-on experience using social media tools
4. To use mobile phones as possible social media devices
5. Understand the importance of a Social media strategy for a non-profit
All required equipment will be provided for the workshop and this includes all refreshments for the day. The price of the workshop is R2,000.00 for the day OR RSVP your seat with the code ALL by the 20th August and the Athlone Living Lab will waver your fee by 90% (You Pay ONLY R200.00).
Workshop Date & Time: 27 August 2009, 9am – 4pm.
Venue: Athlone Living Lab
66 Tarentaal Road
To be part of this Social Media Revolution RSVP at email@example.com or for more information contact Marlon at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: The workshop had limited space for 10 participants only.
Bride of Christ annual bazaar function
1 year ago